"A perfectly tailored work for under-twos... to give babies and toddlers a delicate introduction to classical music" ── The Scotsman, UK
Follow the little raccoon in a tuneful encounter for the very young
Welcome to the musical forest on a serene autumn day. Listen! Birds are singing in the trees. Look! The mischievous raccoon is out and about. Absorb the melodious sound of the strings amid the golden trees...
In an imaginative collaboration, children up to two years are creatively enveloped in the music theatre world of Hup, produced by Starcatchers in association with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra. Sitting comfortably around the make-believe forest and accompanied by live musicians, babies and toddlers play hide and seek with a friendly raccoon looking for a new owner for its bushy tail! In this confidence-boosting setting, parents and their tiny tots explore together with the artists as the non-verbal story unfolds. A mesmerising experience for first-time theatregoers.
- Interactive Theatre for Babies
Best for ages below 2
- With photo-taking and interactive session after each show
- One ticket required for each person regardless of age
- Children must be accompanied by adults
- Members of the audience will be seated on the floor and are requested to take off their shoes before entering the performance area. Please dress casually and wear socks
- Artist Facebook: starcatchersuk
"Babbling Music Forest" Parent-child WorkshopFull
Musicians from Starcatchers' Hup will share excerpts of music whilst the dancer will lead some playful movements for families to join in. Parents are encouraged to recreate the atmosphere and musical environment to play their own version of Hup at home with their babies. In this beautiful music forest, parents and the very young can chill out together, absorbing the calm vibes created by melodious strings.
* Applicable to full-time students, senior citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities and the minder, and Comprehensive Social Security Assistance recipients
# Applicable to parent-child workshops onlyFriendly Reminder
- In English with Cantonese interpretation
- Dress Code: Participants are advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and should wear socks. Please do not wear jeans