"Genuine fun for all the family: highly recommended" ── theguardian.com
One of The Scotsman's Picks for Top Comedy Show
Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2012
A hilarious one-man silent slapstick that charms without a word
A temperamental projector and a movie screen with a big, big hole? At Cinema Kaput, it's a mad, mad, mad, mad world! Disasters follow one after the other as bumbling projectionist Mr. Fixit tries to distribute popcorn and start the film, resorting to ladders, planks, and even a vacuum cleaner to sort out the growing mess. As the audience is roped into the wonderfully funny action, will the hapless hero be able to save the day?
Talented young Australian comedian Tom Flanagan has risen to stardom through a series of standout performances at top venues and festivals from 2005 onwards, with solo show Kaput debuting at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2012 to great critical acclaim. Accompanied by a silent movie-esque score, brilliant acrobatics and cleverly executed clowning, this is a captivating "screening" to delight both adults and children!
- Physical Theatre
Best for ages 5 and above
(Children under the age of 3 will not be admitted)
- Artist Facebook: TomisKaput
"Twist & Turn" Parent-child Clown WorkshopFull
Come learn to twist, turn, tumble and soar through the air while making everyone laugh. A special introduction into the world of clowning and acrobatics with one of Australia's finest.
* Applicable to full-time students, senior citizens aged 60 or above, people with disabilities and the minder, and Comprehensive Social Security Assistance recipients
# Applicable to parent-child workshops onlyFriendly Reminder
- In English with Cantonese interpretation
- Dress Code: Participants are advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and should wear socks. Please do not wear jeans
- Children under the age of 3 will not be admitted
Tom Flanagan (Australia)