2011 International Choral Jazz &
Mass Participatory Musicking Festival
The Hong Kong Institute of Education &
Hong Kong Association for Music Educators
School Choirs Showcase Concerts
Performances by selected local & overseas school choirs.
Choral Jazz Gala
Featuring jazz musicians and ensembles in choral jazz repertoires from both the international and local original sources (including arrangements of Chinese songs into choral jazz styles and original compositions).
• Professor Tim Brimmer (Music Director & Conductor)
• Jordan Jazz with a 600 to 800-strong choir formed by overseas & local school choirs
• Ng Cheuk-yin (Commissioned Composer)
Mass Participatory Musicking Gala
First mass-participatory musicking concert of its kind in Hong Kong with focus on a 600 to 800-strong mass choir in works specifically exploring the creativity, interactivity and originality of choral music-making, including speech choir repertoires, improvisatory mass choral performances & interactive contemporary mass choral performances. Professional musicians and ensembles will join the mass choir in original works specifically commissioned from local and overseas composers.
• Professor Richard Tsang (Music Director & Conductor)
• Ensemble with local musicians and a 600 to 800-strong choir formed by overseas & local school choirs
• Aenon Loo
• Clarence Mak
• Richard Tsang