Due to severe weather, the following activities have been cancelled/ rescheduled. Ticket holders of cancelled performance and/ or, unable to attend the rescheduled activities please bring along the intact ticket(s) (with stubs) for cash refund at the following locations during the period specified below:
10 – 29 August 2017
1. URBTIX box office of Hong Kong Cultural Centre (10am - 9:30pm daily)
2. URBTIX box office of Hong Kong City Hall (10am - 9:30pm daily)
3. URBTIX box office of respective performance venue (detailed below)
Refund arrangement has to be done on or before 29 August 2017.
Late application will not be accepted.
1. "Slapdash Galaxy" by Bunk Puppets (Australia)23.7 (Sun)11am (rescheduled to 8 pm) & 3pm (rescheduled to 5pm)Theatre, Sheung Wan Civic Centre[URBTIX box office of Sheung Wan Civic Centre, 10am - 6:30pm daily]
2. "Puzzle" by Dansema Dance Theater (Lithuania)23.7 (Sun)11am (cancelled) & 2:30pm (rescheduled to 8pm)Exhibition Hall, Hong Kong City Hall
3. “The Music Factory” by Calefax Reed Quintet (The Netherlands)23.7 (Sun)3pm (rescheduled to 4pm)Auditorium, North District Town Hall[URBTIX box office of North District Town Hall, 10am - 6:30pm daily]
4. "How are you, neighbour?" by Harry Wong23.7 (Sun)3pm (rescheduled to 8pm)Auditorium, Tuen Mun Town Hall[URBTIX box office of Tuen Mun Town Hall, 10am - 9:30pm daily]
5. “Fun with Éphémère” Parent-child Interactive Workshop23.7 (Sun)11:30am (rescheduled to 1pm on 30.7)Rehearsal Hall, Sheung Wan Civic Centre[URBTIX box office of Sheung Wan Civic Centre, 10am - 6:30pm daily]
For enquiries, please contact us during office hours at 2370 1044.
The International Arts Carnival 2017 has been concluded with enthusiastic response! Thank you very much for your support!
We would like to thank all the participating arts groups:
The International Arts Carnival 2017, organised by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department, presents a fascinating line-up of overseas and local shows and participative activities from 6 July to 13 August for a fun-filled family experience of performing arts.
This year’s opening programme Pizzazz! features an astounding celebration of aesthetic ingenuity by China National Acrobatic Troupe, the Mainland’s only national-level group of its kind. Renowned for merging contemporary creativity with traditional arts, the Troupe will bring along dynamic diabolo routines, mind-blowing balancing acts, aerial silk rope feats, elegant umbrella juggling, and much, much more. The acrobats’ superb precision, prodigious energy and thrilling top-tier exploits will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Get ready for bubbles blowing into you! Off-Broadway smash hit with a continuous 10-year run, Gazillion Bubble Show by Fan Yang Productions International from the US, a holder of 18 Guinness World Records, is a favourite around the world. Come to experience this mesmerizing and dazzling mega bubble show where the “wow” factor is aloft everywhere.
Other appealing programmes, produced by arts groups from Lithuania, Australia, the Netherlands, the UK, Spain, Ukraine and Hong Kong, include shadow puppet and physical theatre, interactive concert and dance theatre for babies, film and magic theatre…etc. In addition to various extension activities such as workshops, exhibition and outreach programmes, this year’s festival promises you a vibrant summer!